Please contact us for gift vouchers or more information.
Our Christmas opening hours are as follows.
19th December – 9am to 5pm
20th December to 3rd January – Closed
4th January – 1:30pm to 5pm
7th January – Open as usual
We are very pleased to welcome our new podiatrist Seán Heath. Sean has experience in the NHS and private practice covering all aspects of podiatry including routine treatment, biomechanical assessments and orthotic therapy, SWIFT microwave therapy and nail surgery. He is registered with the Health Care Professions Council and a member of the College of Podiatry (formally known as the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists).
Central Podiatry Daventry can offer a new reliable test to accurately diagnose fungal nail infection. In around half of cases where nails are unsightly or thickened, fungal infection is not responsible. In some cases this can lead to inappropriate and unecessary fungal nail treatment.
To carry out the test a small nail sample is required, the procedure is painless and takes only 5 minutes to carry out while you wait.
To book an appointment please contact us on 01327 700033
Warm Wax Therapy Treatment.
Please click here to open the PDF to read more about this treatment.
We’d like to welcome Alison Davies to our practice.
Alison has lots of experience working in medical practices and will be a much needed valuable addition to Central Podiatry.
Clinic Easter opening times 2018
The clinic will be closed on Friday 30th March until Tuesday 3rd April.
Wishing you all a very happy Easter from Central Podiatry
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Part Time Podiatry Receptionist at Central Podiatry Daventry.
This is a part time vacancy where the hours of work would be every Tuesday and Wednesday 9am to 5.00pm.
There may be an opportunity to extend the hours to full time in the future or to job share.
Experience in a previous administrative or receptionist role is essential.
The main duties of your role would include –
- Greet all patients, create a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere.
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with general enquiries.
- Processing new and follow-up appointments by phone or in person.
- Process new patient registration and enter patient information on the computer record system. Obtaining all client details promptly and accurately.
- Produce invoices for all treatments, consultations and services, to include the taking of payments at reception.
- Liaising with patients, visitors and other health professionals.
- The booking and management of all Clinic appointments.
- Provide a friendly and knowledgeable patient service to the highest standard.
- Provide support to the Podiatrist, including sterilising instruments and assisting with Nail Surgery (training provided).
- Maintain the reception area.
- Update social media.
- Stock taking and ordering.
- Organising the maintaining and servicing of equipment.
We will be launching our first satellite clinic in February 2018 at Crick Medical Practice – click here for more information
For our practice to have been accredited we have reviewed our practice standards to ensure that we comply with national standards and best practice within the profession. In achieving accredited status, we not only undertook a careful review of the practice, and asked another podiatrist to check our findings, but we also agreed to the practice being inspected by independent assessors appointed by the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrist. We applied for accreditation because we feel our clients have the right to be confident that their care is being provided within a safe environment.